Avalon 2 Review
Get ready to embark on an epic quest where your search for the Holy Grail not only means immortality but also untold riches. Yes, if you haven’t already guessed, Avalon II is an online pokie game were kings, queens, heroes, heroines and mystical powers combine to create a fantasy world where mystery and money lurk behind every spin.
Of course, if you’ve been around the New Zealand casino world for any length of time, you’ll have probably come across Avalon II’s predecessor, Avalon. In its day, Avalon was one of developer Microgaming’s top video online pokies. However, since Avalon II came to the scene with its enhanced graphics, upgraded bonuses and 97% RTP, the original has been knocked from its perch.
Today, if you’re a Kiwi gamer with a penchant for spinning wins, Avalon II has the perfect mix of style and substance, which we’ll outline for you right now.
How to Play Avalon II
If you’re looking for tips on how to play Avalon II, look no further because we’ve got all the fundamentals right here. As we’ve said, this game is based on a fantasy medieval quest theme, which means that each spin essentially takes you on a journey towards the ultimate goal of making money. Now, like any epic adventure, you need a solid starting point and this is where your bets come into play.
Before you can set the reels in motion and begin your quest, you need to set the following:
- Coin Size: NZ$0.01, NZ$0.02, NZ$0.05
- Coins: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Breaking the above variables down even further, the lowest amount you can bet per spin is NZ$0.30. This is because one coin (i.e. a “Coins” value of 1) at 0.01 (coin size) is worth 0.30. Based on this, if you set the “coins” to 2, the bet would increase your bet by 0.30 to NZ$0.60 per spin. At the next coin size (0.02), a single coin is worth 0.60 and, at the top coin size (0.05), a single coin is worth 1.50.
Once you’ve got your head around the mechanics of the betting variables, the real term implications are that you can adjust your bets from NZ$0.30 and NZ$7.50 per spin. Based on your stake, the payout ladder will shift from NZ$0.20 at the lowest betting level to NZ$120,000 when you roll on five Holy Grail symbols at the top stakes.
After setting your bets, Avalon II’s five reels and 243 ways to win are ready to roll. A single spin can be set in motion by the “spin” button, while the “autoplay” button allows you to roll 10x, 25x, 50x, 100x times or a custom amount. When you piece all of this together, you realise that Avalon II is not only visually impressive but simple and affordable.
Avalon II Jackpots and Bonuses
When it comes to jackpots, Avalon II doesn’t have a progressive structure, but you can win as much as NZ$120,000, as we’ve said. However, the reason this game really appeals to Kiwis in the know is its bonus system. After spinning in Holy Grail symbols, you’ll unlock one of eight bonus rounds:
- Lake of Legend = Roll dice to piece together the sword of Excalibur. Once the sword has been made, you can win up to 15x your stake.
- Misty Vale = Receive 15 free spins and choose a special character to get a wild plus a 2x multiplier.
- Whispering Woods = Play this mystery pick’em game and match symbols to receive an instant win.
- Forest Falls = During this bonus game you’ll get 20 free spins and trailing wilds.
- Dusky Moors = Match two helmets to win a prize. The quicker you find a match, the more you will win.
- Morgan’s Keep = Here you’ll get 20 free spins plus a multiplier that increases each time you hit a win.
- Hall of Shadows = Fight the Black Knight and each time you stab him you’ll increase your prize.
- Isle of Avalon = Spin the Wheels of Avalon to unlock a mystery win.
Finally, to help give Avalon II even more prize potential, the mystical Merlin can appear at any time and give you something extra. Depending on his mood, he’ll either conjure up an instant cash prize or a random multiplier.
The Best Online Casinos for Avalon II
Playing Avalon II in New Zealand is simple. Why? Well, because it’s one of the most popular online pokies out there, so operators of all shapes and sizes have added this Microgaming spinner to their lobbies. However, as you’d expect, not all of these online casinos are worth joining.
So, before we give you a few suggestions, here are three tips for finding the best place to play Avalon II:
- Make sure the site is safe and certified by a recognized licensing body as well as a random number generator tester such as eCOGRA or iTech Labs.
- Make sure you get something extra in the form of welcome bonuses and, in this instance, free spins on Avalon II.
- Make sure the operator has some other casino hits such as Mega Moolah, Thunderstruck II, Gonzo’s Quest and Major Millions, so you get more bang for your buck.
Avalon II Mobile: Spin on the Go
If you want to spin Avalon II while you’re waiting in line for the bus or chilling at the beach, Microgaming’s mobile software makes this possible. Regardless of the device, you’re using (iOS, Android, Blackberry or Windows Phone), you can enjoy full functionality and one-touch controls when you rotate your device to landscape view.
Now, depending on the casino you choose, you’ll either access Avalon II via an app or a mobile website. Either way, you’ll be able to swipe back and forth between in-game options and the main interface as well as touch and swipe down set the reels in motion.
Enjoy an Epic Journey with Avalon II
Online pokies don’t have to be boring and Avalon II is a prime example of why that’s the case. By building the game around a central storyline, the developers have made it engaging and entertaining. Of course, fun and frolics without some ways to win wouldn’t be that great, but Avalon II isn’t short of prizes either. From the NZ$120,000 jackpot to its eight bonus games filled with multipliers, free spins and instant cash, this online pokie is just as lucrative as it enjoyable to play.
The Best Casinos to Play Avalon 2
|1||$1200 Welcome Bonus!||VisitReview|
|2||$1000 Welcome Bonus||VisitReview|
|3||$1600 Welcome Bonus!||VisitReview|