Spin Casino Review: Become Casino Royalty
Part of an international gaming network, Spin Casino NZ is a place where you turn, rotate and twist your way to some serious prizes. After going live in 2001 and serving the public as Spin Palace Casino, the owners embarked on a major revamp in 2019. Today, the platform is known as Spin Casino and features upgraded bonuses, software and more.
However, the one thing that hasn’t changed is the operator’s NZ focus. Today, just as before, you can play in NZD via your desktop or mobile. Whether it’s slots, table games or live dealer showdowns, everything inside the site is tailored towards Kiwis. To find out more, check out our Spin Casino NZ review below.
Spin Casino Welcome Bonus
As a new player at Spin Casino, you’ll be entitled to a welcome bonus worth as much as NZ$1,000:
- 1st deposit – 100% Match Bonus up to a maximum of NZ$400
- 2nd deposit – 100% Match Bonus up to a maximum of NZ$300
- 3rd deposit – 100% Match Bonus up to a maximum of NZ$300
For anyone who had looked into Spin Casino before it rebranded (i.e. when it was still Spin Palace), you’ll notice that the multipliers have changed. Instead of amounts that fluctuate between 25% and 100%+, the new system is flat. While this may appear less interesting, it’s actually better overall.
Because the multipliers are consistent and more lucrative, small stakes players can get more value from their opening deposits. In terms of the wagering conditions, the same standards are in place (see below). However, as a total package, the Spin Casino welcome bonus is now a lot better than it once was.
Terms and conditions:
- This must be your first and only account with the Spin Casino group.
- You must claim your bonus within seven days.
- All unclaimed bonus cash will be forfeited after 60 days.
- You must wager 50x the bonus amount before it can be withdrawn (pokies contribute 100% of your bets staked, table games contribute 8% of Bets staked).
The Bottom Line: Thanks to an upgrade, this welcome offer now provides fantastic value for high rollers and small stakes players.
Spin Casino Games and Software: Microgaming, Major Potential
At the last count, the site had more than 600 games available across its online and mobile platforms. All told, the site has an RTP (Return To Player) of 97% which, in comparison to the industry average, is extremely impressive.
- Online Pokies: From 3-reel pokies to NZ$1 million progressive pokies, Spin Casino has over 250 top-rated spinners. Notable games include Hitman, Big Kahuna, Thunderstruck II and Kitty Cabana.
- Blackjack: From variants of Online Blackjack like High Streak Blackjack to more traditional games, Spin Casino has 40 blackjack variants available from NZ$0.10 a hand.
- Video Poker: With more than 50 variants on offer, you can play up to 100 hands and win big with these games.
- Roulette: Costing as little as NZ$0.10, Spin Casino NZ offers an array of games offering a host of in-game features, including re-bets and table stats.
- Craps: Not often seen online, this is a great little addition that helps separate Spin Casino from the crowd.
- Keno: Choose up to 15 numbers from NZ$1 per game. Keno at Spin Casino has a 96% RTP and jackpots topping NZ$10,000.
- Baccarat: Another game for serious players, this option is great in both a virtual and live dealer setting.
- Scratch cards: These are casual games for casual players, and this lobby is where you can stake NZ$0.10 and win NZ$100,000 in less than five seconds.
- Live Dealer: Play with the best real dealers in New Zealand at blackjack, online roulette and baccarat tables from as little as NZ$1 per round.
An important point to note is that the site’s software has been updated since the switch from Spin Palace to Spin Casino NZ. Today, the interface is not only lighter and brighter but mobile-optimised. On top of its fresh new look, the site is packed with stats and guides so novices can get the most out of their Spin Casino experience.
Gaming on the Go: Spin Casino Mobile
For those that like to game on the go, Spin Casino NZ is fully compatible with any mobile devices. Instead of creating individual apps that fail to cater to some players, Spin Casino has taken the browser gaming route. Basically, all you have to do is visit Spin Casino NZ using your mobile device, log into your account and enjoy the action.
Regardless of whether you’re an iOS user, an Android owner or someone who goes online using a Windows Mobile or Blackberry device, you’ll be able to enjoy the following selection of games at Spin Casino NZ mobile: Online Pokies, Roulette, Blackjack. Keno, Video Poker, Bingo & Scratchcards
When you’re ready to make a deposit or withdrawal, you can rest assured that every Spin Casino transaction is backed by SSL encryption. In simple terms, this means your personal details will never be at risk when you’re trying to get into the game or, importantly, enjoy the fruits of your labour.
To add another layer of security to proceedings, all newbies are required to submit two forms of ID, including one form of photo ID, before you make your first withdrawal. The reason for this is part of Spin Casino’s licensing conditions and ensuring you are who you say you are.
In terms of processing, Spin Casino NZ will review and process all withdrawals within 48 hours. Once this process is complete, the majority of payment methods will allow you to receive your funds with one to five days.
For the safest, most efficient deposits/withdrawals, the following methods are great for Kiwi players: Skrill, Visa, MasterCard, Bank Wire, WebMoney, Neteller, Entropay, E-Check and Instadebit.
Spin Casino Promotions
In terms of promotions, Spin Casino NZ is always dreaming up new ways to give players more. A regular newsletter will notify you of the latest deals such as Free Spins Sunday, which gives you a selection of gratis turns just for being a loyal customer.
Bringing ever-changing promotions, the Spin Casino VIP scheme is there to give you more ways to boost your bankroll. Broken down into six levels, the aim of the game is simple: each time you wager NZ$10, you’ll earn 10 VIP points. Once you’ve got 100 points, you can exchange them for NZ$10 in cash.
On top of this, the more you earn, the better you VIP ranking will be and the higher you climb, the more added extras you’ll get:
- Blue: Entry-level, which gives you up to NZ$500 in monthly casino bonuses.
- Silver: Earn 2,500 entry points and get up to NZ$1,000 in monthly casino bonuses.
- Gold: Earn 5,000 entry points and get up to NZ$2,000 in monthly casino bonuses.
- Platinum: Earn 10,000 entry points and get up to NZ$5,000 in monthly casino bonuses.
- Diamond: Earn 20,000 entry points and get up to NZ$7,500 in monthly casino bonuses.
- Prive: Earn 500,000 entry points and get up to NZ$10,000 in monthly casino bonuses.
The Bottom Line
As an online casino that’s not only well stocked but available across all platforms, Spin Casino NZ is perfect. Thanks to a strong partnership with Microgaming, this online casino has easy access to all the best games in the business and, what’s more, they’re all easily affordable. Whether you play for free or for as little as NZ$0.01, Spin Casino has everything you need to have the most enjoyable and potentially lucrative online gaming experience possible.